Show off your speed

Have you tried testing at different times of the day to see if you got better speeds? If not, would call and complain. Might be an issue somewhere, thats not even 15 percent of your speed.

yeah, called and complained, etc. no resolution, other than to blame us for the slow speeds.

I've just come to accept that humanity will always provide substandard service when there is profit to be made and millions of dollars to pay a single person at the top.

beers

Staff member
4471636458.png

paying for the 200mb service...

What kind of line stats do you get from the modem? (typically http://192.168.100.1 )

Do you have any other competing services in the area?

Geoff

VIP Member
yeah, called and complained, etc. no resolution, other than to blame us for the slow speeds.

I've just come to accept that humanity will always provide substandard service when there is profit to be made and millions of dollars to pay a single person at the top.
What speeds do you get directly connected to the modem? And what modem are you using?

Why would you pay for 200Mbps service if you don't get above 30?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So there was a comcast commercial on TV last night saying they increased speed for Blast service up to 70 or 75mb can't remember which. Test my speed today and this is what I get.

Around 20mb faster then what I had. I'll take it. Was thinking about upgrading to the 105mb speed but heck why waste my money now.

Geoff

VIP Member
So there was a comcast commercial on TV last night saying they increased speed for Blast service up to 70 or 75mb can't remember which. Test my speed today and this is what I get.

Around 20mb faster then what I had. I'll take it. Was thinking about upgrading to the 105mb speed but heck why waste my money now.
Comcast seems to routinely over provision their service by quite a bit. I got around 120 with my 105 plan, and 177 with my 150 plan.

beers

Staff member
Comcast seems to routinely over provision their service by quite a bit. I got around 120 with my 105 plan, and 177 with my 150 plan.

Seems to be pretty common with cable providers in general (except for maybe horrendous Charter :p ). My TWC did the same thing where it tested around ~120 with the 100/6 plan.

ian

Administrator
Staff member

we have nbn being rolled out in certain parts of Australia where we are supposed to see those sorts of speeds, but it is all politically motivated as to who gets faster internet first. Whoever is in power at the time is ensuring that their electorates get it first.

Geoff

VIP Member
Went from the Extreme 150 plan to Blast! with Xfinity. They said it would be 105Mbps, but I'm still getting 177Mbps. The downside is my upload speed went from 24Mbps to 12Mbps, and that's what I really enjoyed as I have a NAS at home that I access offsite.

Darren

Staff member
I get 3-4mb over my paid for speed. I'll take it. Finally getting out of the ballpark of "shiternet' and now it's merely mediocre. Baby steps. I wonder what my apartment will have.

Darren

Staff member
New apartment. Looks promising compared to what I've been used to for so long. Having ethernet in each room is nice.

Geoff

VIP Member

I really want to run a speed test on one of the servers without hitting the 1Gbps ethernet cap on my laptop.