Show off your speed

Cleric7x9

thats not due to the linitations of cable, its due to the ISPs capping uplodads for home users to prevent them running servers, the reason they dont do it with T+ is because running servers is the main use of it.

no. uploads are capped to make for faster downloads. T1 has a slower upload speed than my residential cable connection. besides, all of these numbers are irrelevant anyway. find me a server that can upload at 12Mbps so that I can use my full 12Mbps download speeds of my cable connection.

tlarkin

VIP Member
no. uploads are capped to make for faster downloads. T1 has a slower upload speed than my residential cable connection. besides, all of these numbers are irrelevant anyway. find me a server that can upload at 12Mbps so that I can use my full 12Mbps download speeds of my cable connection.

It is also so you don't share a bunch of files or host a bunch of sites from your home connection.

headofaxes

Managed to use up 20gb download limit downloading torrents to my iPod Touch 16 gb... Now I have to wait 10 more days for it to reset..... :(!!!

vix

Paste81320080.jpg

TFT

VIP Member
mine aint that good

I feel for you patrick, you live in one of the worlds most beautiful places and your IP is steam driven :p Is it because there is nothing better where you live or is it down to cost?

I'm getting a free upgrade (ADSL2+) from up to 8Mb to 24 Mb next month :D

Last edited:

patrickv

I feel for you patrick, you live in one of the worlds most beautiful places and your IP is steam driven :p Is it because there is nothing better where you live or is it down to cost?

I'm getting a free upgrade (ADSL2+) from up to 8Mb to 24 Mb next month :D

There's nothing better, all 3 ISP offer the same speeds, or should i say the same package but different prices. well i have to cope with that.
but at work its a different story, i can download at around 400kbps and upload around 200, i have to do a little more research cause i don't think the gov is using the local ISP, has to be something else

ScOuT

VIP Member
picture.php

It's at the bottom of the second part. I live in Germany so you might not be able to read it:p

Down -15220
up- 1183