Show off your speed

Calin

2383720506.png

Amazing speed!

WeatherMan

Whats the download limit per month on that?

Unlimited, I am a plus customer.

From TalkTalk I receive:

Unlimited 76/36Mb FTTC
Youview from TalkTalk TV (£300 box for free to plus customers) £50 install
Unlimited Anytime UK calls to landlines
Free international calls boost to europe

Also:

Free 1 year subscription to lovefilm instant

I pay line rental annually which is £114, saves me £60 over the year and takes away monthly line rental

A while back I threatened to leave for a better deal so they also give me discounts on my bill:)

Here is the breakdown.

Calls Package £14.50
Large Fiber package £15
Any monthly call costs to premium rates on top

Discounts:
£7.25 off of call plan
£2 off call charges

Monthly bill is usually around £25-£30

spirit

Staff member
Yeah but we have bad ISPs in the UK who do not give satisfactory service. Orange and TalkTalk are the most complained about. Everybody I know who has been with TalkTalk has complained about them. :/

Geoff

VIP Member
Yeah but we have bad ISPs in the UK who do not give satisfactory service. Orange and TalkTalk are the most complained about. Everybody I know who has been with TalkTalk has complained about them. :/

TalkTalk... lol, what an odd name

WeatherMan

How can you argue with 80Mb FTTC with a 19Mb upload, free youview box worth £300, free 1 year lovefilm subscription, free european calls and UK anytime, plus over £10 discount each month, all for £25-£30 per month :D

spirit

Staff member
How can you argue with 80Mb FTTC with a 19Mb upload, free youview box worth £300, free 1 year lovefilm subscription, free european calls and UK anytime, plus over £10 discount each month, all for £25-£30 per month :D

Apparently TalkTalk's customer support is terrible though. I can't say for sure as I'm not with them, and never have been, but from what I've heard it's bad.

Tumultus

From this thread overall I've decided the US has really crappy internet services.

Depends on where you live and what you by. We have more options though, and you've got to consider that running a fibre network all around the UK or NZ is infinitely easier than running one to cover the contingent US. There are options here for 100mb/40mb that're pretty cheap, but there are also still options for 56k dialup and 256k dsl.

Apparently TalkTalk's customer support is terrible though. I can't say for sure as I'm not with them, and never have been, but from what I've heard it's bad.

Terrible is not the word. They don't give you the MAC even after you request it which is illegal. If you want a laugh... read their Facebook Page and some of the comments on their posts. Just shows how poor these people really are.