Show off your speed

It has been on the news that my area is one of the wrost areas in Britain for internet speed but there is a speed above that's slower at 0.65MB.

Atleast you dont live in this area...at peak times we get 0.03mbps download.

In the mornings though, we get this:

So I guess it is not too bad. Our internet fragments alot though sometimes which makes downloading things like Linux time consuming and stressful as rarely do the iso files actually work. There always seems to be an error in the installation somewhere...
The packetloss will not show though as I dont have java enabled.

Justin

VIP Member
Isn't this DL speed impossible on a 3 down connection? This is at 5 in the afternoon.
Untitled-1-8.jpg

WeatherMan

That is 2.5Mb/s down, i.e 320KB/s :) Which is perfectly right, I got confused when I see 2.5MB/s transfer with an 1 1/2 Hour ETA on a 2GB file :p

spirit

Staff member

At work lol. Not enough speed for me though :(

Slow! :p

Joking obviously. 94MB/s download, that's more than 13 times faster than my download speed and 72MB/s upload is more than 72 times my upload speed.

My speeds should be about 7MB/s down and about 650KB/s up, but it's slower today for some reason.

2525029277.png

For some reason when I try to connect to a server in Norwich which is 10 miles away, SpeedTest brings up some sort of 'Latency Error', so I have to connect to a server in London instead which is about 100 miles way.

spirit

Staff member
That's pretty bad Ashley. I'm only 30 or so miles away from you and getting better speeds.

Welcome to urban Norfolk (believe me, rural is much worse!)

2578071185.png

CrazyMike

What internet packages are you using with shaw?

Broadband 100

$ 85 00* /MO
500 GB
100 Mbps† Download
5 Mbps Upload

That's what I have.

EDIT: Should probably mention that my internet is very unstable. Meaning that at any given time I can drop down to 50Mbps. Shaw is saying it's due to the amount of construction in my area (newly developed area), but i just call bull and the fact is they are just screwing me around. Not much other choices though.

Last edited: