Show off your speed

PCunicorn

2558357068.png

HAHA I HAVE A WHITE SPEEDTEST PICTURE

I'm trying to decide wether I should mess with my router more (been spending all day trying to figure out how to fix the router to supply my advertised speeds) and maybe get an extra 1 or 2 Mbps, or potentially mess something up again.

And damn, that LTE is fast :eek:

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
2558357068.png

HAHA I HAVE A WHITE SPEEDTEST PICTURE

I'm trying to decide wether I should mess with my router more (been spending all day trying to figure out how to fix the router to supply my advertised speeds) and maybe get an extra 1 or 2 Mbps, or potentially mess something up again.

And damn, that LTE is fast :eek:
Are you wireless? WAN speeds aren't typically bottlenecked by your LAN/WLAN speeds.

PCunicorn

That wasn't what I meant, sorry. I'm saying that I get 30mbps internet but the router is only sending out 20. But I don't think its the router's hardware at fault (firmware?).

PCunicorn

It did

After trying reverting to stock firmware from DD-WRT, then going to TP-Links firmware, and then Gargoyle, I'm beginning to think it is in fact the router itself at fault. I guess it's time to try to unbrick my new one.

Geoff

VIP Member
It did

After trying reverting to stock firmware from DD-WRT, then going to TP-Links firmware, and then Gargoyle, I'm beginning to think it is in fact the router itself at fault. I guess it's time to try to unbrick my new one.
Yup, get a new router.

beers

Staff member
3417337898.png

I used to be elated to jump from ~20 to ~100, although now I am impatient any time it dips below ~80 or so on transfers and am impatiently waiting for 'dat Google Fiber' :p

PCunicorn

I wonder why your internet speeds vary so much?

I also wonder why I'm getting such high pings when I'm directly connected to the modem.