Show off your speed

beers

Staff member
I turned up a new gigabit Internet circuit in our data center, it seems hard to find a decent speed test server around the midwest :(

Darren

Staff member
When I live in my own place I'm sure as hell paying for good internet. My 3 friends that split an apartment said screw it to cable and just bought the fastest internet they could (200 down I think).

Geoff

VIP Member
When I live in my own place I'm sure as hell paying for good internet. My 3 friends that split an apartment said screw it to cable and just bought the fastest internet they could (200 down I think).
If they didn't get cable, I'm assuming they went with fiber? FiOS?

ninjabubbles3

Just got a new modem, feeling like king of teh world. Lol, this is the fastest I've ever had. Over ethernet, its considerably faster, but I cab't really use ethernet on a daily basis. Ethernet, down is like 50

Last edited:

PCunicorn

His WiFi card is wireless N, and you'd be hard pressed to find anybody still use a device daily (tablet, phone, etc.) that doesn't have Wireless n or ac.

spirit

Staff member
School Wi-Fi. Direct link to Virgin Media. :)

This is at a peak period by the way with a lot of machines running in the school (probably about 600-700) and I was quite a way from the nearest access point. I tested the Wi-Fi over summer when the school was closed and got 90/90. :D

Screenshot77_zpsfa4138a1.png

Geoff

VIP Member
School Wi-Fi. Direct link to Virgin Media. :)

This is at a peak period by the way with a lot of machines running in the school (probably about 600-700) and I was quite a way from the nearest access point. I tested the Wi-Fi over summer when the school was closed and got 90/90. :D

Screenshot77_zpsfa4138a1.png
Sounds like a symmetrical 100Mbps fiber connection.

ninjabubbles3

Its a all in one modem kit, but its probably faster with the router I have, haven't tested it, also, I live in LA, and have time warner cable, two notoriously bad things for bad speeds

G25r8cer

Apparently Charter upgraded us again for free. Haven't done a speed test in a while so don't know when they did it. Last I checked I was getting 30 down or so