Show off your speed

geek0x00

I'm using a gigabit connection distributed with a big LAN in our entire community. Ping is absolutely fast. Community LAN has no "rating" except for a gig per neighborhood. Best thing about that is that you need no modem :)

Edit: Uh oh! I gave away my location!

geek0x00

I used my current anti-blocking mechanisms and did the test:
Tor:

Freegate 7.05p:

(upload speed dubious? Though I know that the service compresses and encrypts GET requests...)
FreeU 1.4:

(Somebody told me that it uses PGP all the way, without AES. This is probably why it never gets blocked but goes pretty slow.)
UltraSurf 9.98:
BAD LUCK TODAY. Download test data corrupted at speedtest.net (u.surf has notoriously high 3% packet loss and therefore often fails)
DynaPass 3.2:
The communists got this one!

Conclusion? Freegate Rocks. Period. However, it probably uses a weak encryption scheme like DES, because every couple of weeks this version gets blocked and another rolls out. Pretty much of a fuss. Last month Freegate 6.98 was working like magic, and the version numbers go like 6.98 6.99 etc. Tor is the choice if you want open-source, and it works quite well for a system with a open specification (think about how bad Psiphon goes these days in China). FreeU gets bad ping and slow download, but 1.4's been around for quite a while and has never been blocked. Ultrasurf? Well, it has too much packet loss. Often, the GET request gets corrupted, and the webpage times out, and I need to refresh. All Youtube videos lose a packet in the middle, and the video stops streaming.

Last edited:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I pay for 15up/15down

Yes its fake,I dont know why speed test is saying that speed :eek:

look at some of my old tests. they were off the chart lol. here's an old one...

444078670.png

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned

literal, untouched, direct from the site.

I think there is a link issue somewhere. Ill recheck tomorrow, and friday and compair the results.

Aastii

VIP Member
why is mine so low??

Because you are with sky and they are crap?

It isn't the server themselves, I've just done a test with the same server and got:

Which is close enough to the 50/1 that we pay for, just distance/traffic dropping that 2Mb/s

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts are you?

Jet

VIP Member
I have to wait for the server in Georgia to change...it's capping my speed tests at ~50Mb/s.

Aastii

VIP Member
is there a way i can switch servers?

Yep, when you go to speedtest.net, hover over the gold star and you will have 2 options; Morecambe or Manchester. Choose the Manchester one instead (I assume because you chose Morecambe and were less than 50 miles from it that you will be close to the Manchester server too)

anongo

Yep, when you go to speedtest.net, hover over the gold star and you will have 2 options; Morecambe or Manchester. Choose the Manchester one instead (I assume because you chose Morecambe and were less than 50 miles from it that you will be close to the Manchester server too)

I am way further away than 50 miles!! Why is it saying i am closer than 50 miles anyway when im not??

Aastii

VIP Member
I am way further away than 50 miles!! Why is it saying i am closer than 50 miles anyway when im not??

Find where the nearest server is to you then and click that. You can drag the square around at the bottom over the map of the world. If you are on the other side of the world and it is thinking you are close, that will be why you are getting bad results. But then again, you are with Sky, who I thought were only in UK, so even if you are in the very north of Scotland, far west of Ireland or south the England, it shouldn't be THAT slow