SICK AND TIRED of Firefox! What is a good web browser?

davie23223

I am tired of firefox, i've had it! It keeps taking all my memory! Because having ONLY firefox open, it takes 75% of my ram, i had about 1% of free ram once because firefox was hogging 75%+ of it!!

I have 1gig of ddr2 dual channel ram 533mhz, i have nothing open but firefox and my computer was slowing down!! It felt like i was on a 468 when i was surfing the web, And it takes like a minute to close all my firefox pages.

I have a dualcore processor, 1gig dual channel ram, and when i surf the web with fiirefox, my computer slows down! My Pentium 3 computer is faster than this!

What are some good web browsers? Is the new internet explorer good and secure? What is a good web browser that is good and secure like Firefox, but LESS laggier, thanks!

sup2jzgte

wow are you sure its FireFox causing the problem and not something else. On my PC I have Firefox open with 7 tabs open on average, and using MS word and Media player with a celeron processor 1gig of 3200 ram and I have never had it slow down on me. Prime example while I'm typing this I'm on 5 other forums, listening to music on my hd and have trillian going and my pc is nice and fast.

davie23223

Yah! I get what you mean. I used to have about 6 tabs open, in photoshop, ms word, even have a virus scan running and had no, NO problems at all!

Now suddenly something changed, i can't even have anything open anymore while on firefix.

Gareth

If you are in Windows XP, direct yourself to

C:\documents and settings\(user name)\appdata\firefox and delete that file, you may have to un-hide hidden files and folders. Usually this fixes any bugs.

Windows Vista is

C:\users\(user name)\AppData\local\mozilla

Geoff

VIP Member
FireFox seems to cache every web page and keep it in the memory even after you close the tab or switch the site. You can fix it by closing out of FireFox and then restarting it.

GameMaster

I spit on Firefox. I suggest IE 7.0 or Opera ( the newest version Beta, it doesn't have nothing to do with Opera-s before, I am totally happy about it).

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Firefox does fine on my Laptop. There are problems with Firefox now and then, but typically are java/plugin related. Now it does have a known memory bug. I'm not completely sure if it's been fixed, but I know simply closing it now and then will cause it to correct itself.

If you're deadset on getting a new browser, Safari is nice. I have not tried it on my PC, but it runs wonderfully on my Macintosh(G4/OS X, not intel/Windows based)

TFT

VIP Member
Lol what you've been drinking? or smoking?:D

Ha Ha, it's just that as soon as anyone mentions that they use IE you get clobbered by all those Firefox users.:)
As mentioned in many posts there are positives and negatives to all the browsers and ultimately it's down to personal choice. I have tried Firefox but still prefer IE until something comes out that has a BIG improvement over any of them.

Le GoogelGuRu

If you don't like Firefox, try Opera. Personally I think it's one of the best, if not the best, browser available right now.

Ha...Firefox has proven to be one of the best browsers and beats the crap outta IE, I have noticed lately that IE removes "http://" upon usage of ":8080" that is kinda redundant when seen in an address but so is not even having it and having a browser automatically sub for it with the ":80" which is not seen. This had to be one of those MS programmers, they have gotten to be notorious for stuff like that.

Anyway, try Opera...

davie23223

FireFox seems to cache every web page and keep it in the memory even after you close the tab or switch the site. You can fix it by closing out of FireFox and then restarting it.

Firefox does fine on my Laptop. There are problems with Firefox now and then, but typically are java/plugin related. Now it does have a known memory bug. I'm not completely sure if it's been fixed, but I know simply closing it now and then will cause it to correct itself.

i can solve my problem easily by closing the browser, but before it never used to be like this, umm.....I noticed something, this started happening when i downloaded the newest firefox browser(update)...! But i'm not entirely sure, i can't remember.

If you are in Windows XP, direct yourself to

C:\documents and settings\(user name)\appdata\firefox and delete that file, you may have to un-hide hidden files and folders. Usually this fixes any bugs.

I just did what you said, it seems like it wiped everything about firefox, my favourites, my toolbars, everything is gone. It was doing fine at first, but that still didn't do the job.

horrible.jpg

I think i'm done with Firefox.

I will now start trying Safari and/or Opera. Really i just want a good browser with good security hehe ;)

lovely?

load a different version of firefox onto your computer, like the version you used before this one if it worked fine. unless im mistaken, cant memory problems be caused by conflicts and compensating?