Side Fan?

bigd54

I have an antec 1200 with the gtx295. AS you know this card runs hottttt. I was wondering how much of a difference i would get if i put a 120mm fan in the side bracket on the pannel of the case. Is it significat enough to warrent me buying one and should I have it blowing in air or sucking it out?

dark666apoc

unless you have an after market cpu i really dont see apoitn in it i see no gain AT all from my side fan being in or out other then the extra filter

Bodaggit23

I have an antec 1200 with the gtx295. AS you know this card runs hottttt. I was wondering how much of a difference i would get if i put a 120mm fan in the side bracket on the pannel of the case. Is it significat enough to warrent me buying one and should I have it blowing in air or sucking it out?
Side case fans generaly blow IN, or if they don't they should.

A fan blowing in on your graphics card will not hurt, and 120mm fans are cheap.

Fill your case up with fans if you want, as long as you can stand the noise.

Ideally, the front fans blow IN across your hard drives, the side fans blow IN
onto your board and peripherals, any back fans blow hot air OUT, as well as
any top fans, which would blow OUT also. That's the ideal config I believe.

Last edited:

Sean'o

I have just got a slot fan for my computer because it was really hot- if i was you I would get a fan that blows air out of the case because if you get a side fan that will just introduce more hot air inside the case.

Bodaggit23

if i was you I would get a fan that blows air out of the case because if you get a side fan that will just introduce more hot air inside the case.

Top and Back fans blow hot air out.

All the ambient air going into the case is considered cold, unless you have
your pc next to a heater. :rolleyes:

lovely?

I have just got a slot fan for my computer because it was really hot- if i was you I would get a fan that blows air out of the case because if you get a side fan that will just introduce more hot air inside the case.

well, in regular cases, a bit of overpressure, (say, three 120mm intake fans and only 1 or 2 exhaust fans) is a better idea than equal exhaust and intake, or worse, more exhaust than intake. the lower the air pressure in the case, the less air that can physically contact cooling components inside the computer. a computer with bit of a suction effect could be expected to run hotter then a slightly pressurized case (VERY slightly, its not like these things are airtight)

so, as long as you have 1-2 exhaust fans already working, my suggestion is to add intake fans to the side and front of the case to be the most effective.