Significant moments in computers and technology

tech explorer

Too often I hear about it being too quiet on this website to which I say the solution is to post a thread that would be of interest to many.

This thread, as per usual, has been inspired by news I've just heard. The news is that today it's the cell phone's birthday which this blurb gives some details on: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/04/03/cell-phone-birthday_n_3007003.html.

This thread can easily build up in the following manner. Almost every day something comes up that relates to computers and technology. Maybe an invention, maybe an inventor's birthday, a company that started up, etc. Post it on here and discuss it if you like.

So what have you to say?

Troncoso

VIP Member
The forums are "quiet" because people aren't posting in threads that are already there.
I don't imagine another to the pot is the way to fix that.

GaryCantley

I would like to continue this discussion in the forum discussion thread as I need to keep this thread on topic. See you over there.

But isnt that part of the fun of forums, drifting off topic now and again? Even more fun if the OP has stated they want to keep it on topic :)

tech explorer

But isnt that part of the fun of forums, drifting off topic now and again? Even more fun if the OP has stated they want to keep it on topic :)

It's true that a thread needs flexibility so that it can breathe and grow. In regards to being more fun, well to each his own - I'm glad you're getting some enjoyment out of it.