Silence is Not Golden to Me...

squegee

...just got my wifi adapter in the mail and actually got this thing online (gx620 Windows Xp all-in-one) but still have no sound....tried downloading a sound driver from driverplex.com but didn't do anything. Speakers seem to be ok as I hear some static sound when I turn the volume control. What do I do next ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check the device manager for any devices that still need a driver. Is there any that have a yellow question mark next to them? Or any unknown devices listed?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That would be your sound driver. Right click on it, click on properties, click on the details tab, give me the 4 digit vendor and device id numbers. They look like this. ven_xxxx and dev_yyyy where x and y are 4 alphanumeric digits.

squegee

That would be your sound driver. Right click on it, click on properties, click on the details tab, give me the 4 digit vendor and device id numbers. They look like this. ven_xxxx and dev_yyyy where x and y are 4 alphanumeric digits.

here is what I found (just give it all to you)

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_27DE&SUBSYS_01AD1028&REV_01/3&172E68D

(incidentally the slash lines actually leaned the other way!)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Hallelujah ! It worked ! I must have tried everything on my own to no avail....thanks so much to you & John....I wish I could take you both out for a beer tonight !!

Next time instead of oddball driver websites, check the support website of the PC manufacturer ;)