Simulating High-res on HP 32" high-def LCD

Brewboy

I have a DVI to HDMI connector that I run to my brand new HP 32" television. Problem is, as a monitor it runs at a very low resolution. I want to send a high resolution image to the television, how might I go about that. I've been messing with the ATI catalyst control center, and I have a Radeon X1050 video card. Is there a trick to it that I'm missing, or do I need new software.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I'm not 100% certain on this but I believe you can destroy your TV if you send it a resolution it doesnt accept. At least that's what i've gathered from various websites when I tried it.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
You can harm any older CRT style monitor or TV if you send a resolution too high to it, but newer ones and any LCD should prevent any damage from occuring.

Find what resolutions the TV can run at. Some are capable of simulating higher resolutions, but of course it's going to look pretty bad as you're losing pixels.

Brewboy

I figured out the ATI catalyst software, I can run the 1080p resolution of 1900x1080. It looks like crap though. 1360x768 actually looks quite beautiful. I was just hooking it up improperly before.