Since i installed AVG my computer wont run the internet properly

AjsGuns

Well i installed AVG the other day ever since i installed it my internet has been working very weird sometimes itll load other times it wont but if i manage to get onto the game i play i NEVER get disconnected yet browsers + msn wont work at that time. I just disabled it today and my computer seems to be running the internet like normal. Why is this? and how do i fix it.
Thanks.

laznz1

link scanner tends to slow down your browsering time also it could be the fact your computer doesnt have enough resources to keep som many thing running

AjsGuns

Err it might not even be AVG thats doing it
its happened less and less since i turned AVG off but its still happening..
and nah my laptop is very good 4GB Ram 512MB GFX Card 2.26Ghz Processor etc

AjsGuns

im gettin internet cannot open this webpage also in the background lol but obviously it can. Running Vista 32bit it was working fine for like a week. Untill like 3 days ago

AjsGuns

anyone got any ideas its very frustrating lol
not being able to connect at times and having the thing in the background and having to refresh to make the internet work. I dont think its AVG fault

Wingzero2

Where did you install AVG at? You may have picked up some malware from the download that is causing the problems, or it's a bad version of AVG.

Even if it isn't from the AVG download, obviously AVG hasn't been able to stop it, so you'd want to get rid of it anyway.

What I would personally do is cross it off my list and find another anti-malware that might be able to fix my computer, and try that. I use Trend Micro, but you have to pay for it, which you might want to do if you have the option. However, they do have an online scanner- http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

I would try running that scan a few times-- it runs it over the internet so it will be slow and take a long time, but I'd say it's worth it. However, if you don't come up with anything the first scan there's obviously not much you can do with a second or third scan.

AjsGuns

ill run it now
guys this is really frustrating me
Sometimes msn wont work and when it does it wont let me send messages to friends but ill receive their messages, yet meebo lets me receive + send fine, Also internet wont startup when laptop does i need to wait like 2-3minutes then itll usually work, but not always. God any one got any idea?
I was going to uninstall AVG and then reinstall it however i dont even no how to uninstall programs off vista. Also i have no recovery disc for this laptop atm (its a Tohsiba Satelite P300, 4GB Ram 350GB HDD 2.26GHz Processor)

Thanks for any suggestions

thebigdintx

maybe try Avast instead of AVG....Avast is another great free one, and as far as i know, the free version of AVG doesn't check for rootkits where the free version of Avast does.

AjsGuns

well i installed AVAST
and same problem occured i went to go onto a webpage and it wouldnt work.
only reason im on now is i uninstalled it, the second i uninstalled it the internet worked again lol
Its like the anti-virus's are blocking the internet or something?
anyone got any idea?