since winter is commig cant i over clockmy comp

manix

banned
My Room Is An The Basemint And Its Really Cold Down There Im A TaKe The Side Of The Case Of And Point Fan At It And Over Clock It As Hi As It Goes
BECAUSE IT WINTER AND ITS COLD

Is It Ok 2 Under Clock

computerdude2004

Why do you say in the title overclock and then underclock? Which are you going to do? If you plan to underclock, for sure you don't need to take the side of the computer off and point a fan at it. You don't need to cool it any more than you do when it runs at the regular speed. It should run cooler if you underclock.

manix

banned
ya my home comp im a under clock because its a 3200+ im a under clock it 2 a like 2700

my room comp in the basement its a 1700+ am a over click it as far as it goes then point a fam at it

computerdude2004

Okay. So you are talking about two different computers. You home computer and your computer. You can overclock your computer, but make sure it doesn't overheat. How cold is your room. Make sure that your device stays within the operating temperature of the MOBO and processor. Why are you going to underclock your home computer?

manix

banned
manix said:
ya my home comp im a under clock because its a 3200+ im a under clock it 2 a like 2700

my room comp in the basement its a 1700+ am a over click it as far as it goes then point a fan at it

them onees if i under clock my home one it will last longer

Memory Remains

....no it wont last longer, if you overclock it will ony take a small percentage of life off of it, unless you do it a dumbass way and just fry it right off the bat.
See if you overclock a computer, it will say take the life from 10 years down to 8 years (hypothetically)...Honestly do you really plan on having an 8 year old computer and still use it? and not as a doorstop.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
them onees if I under clock my home one it will last longer
I dunno about the first half of that but the second half... no. They will last about the same

if you overclock it will ony take a small percentage of life off of it
Only if you add a silly amount of voltage cuz its the voltage not to much the temp that kills CPUs