Sister want's to buy a camera

Hello

banned
My sister wants to buy my digi cam, my Olympus D-360L. I don't want to sell it to her. Just don't ask why. I know there is something like my 1.3 MP Olympus at Walmart or something for cheap, so can you guys look at walmart, target, bestbuy etc and show me a good one? Just a nice 1.3 MP. Or higher. Please keep the price under $100.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
One of those DV camera's might be nice. Um, not like video cameras, but there's a brand that makes little camera's about the size of miniDV cameras and calls them such. They usally are like 3.3MP intropolated with a 1.3 CCD or something like that. From what I've seen, they are decent, and also have decent movie features. Most go for under $100...

*edit*
http://www.dansdata.com/pdv2.htm
There's one, so you know what I'm talking about. I have seen them for under 100. Just don't get the cheapest one that doesn't have a screen. It's 640x480 and a POS!

Hello

banned
I think she will pass on that one. I will talk for her lol :p. Could you just look at walmart/target for her/me? There is one right down the street from where we are in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Go to General Discussion :p.). I was always thinking of getting one of them for me, but meh, I will stay with a more Digi Cam like for her, if you get what I am saying.

Hello

banned
Thanks. If she goes to Best Buy or something, she will probably want me to go, so I will go along and pick one out for her most likely :D.

jcnoernberg

Those things are the biggest pieces of junk... calling it a toy does not even begin to describe it...

The_Other_One said:
One of those DV camera's might be nice. Um, not like video cameras, but there's a brand that makes little camera's about the size of miniDV cameras and calls them such. They usally are like 3.3MP intropolated with a 1.3 CCD or something like that. From what I've seen, they are decent, and also have decent movie features. Most go for under $100...

*edit*
http://www.dansdata.com/pdv2.htm
There's one, so you know what I'm talking about. I have seen them for under 100. Just don't get the cheapest one that doesn't have a screen. It's 640x480 and a POS!

jcnoernberg

just go talk to the people at best buy / circuit city... hopefully the will know what they are talking about...

as long as you don't go for the cheapest camera, you'll be fine...

these specs are the absolute minimum you want to shoot for...

3-megapixed (that's considered 35mm file equivalent resolution)

3x OPTICAL zoom (don't be fooled by digital zoom, its useless)

I would prefer something with AA batteries instead of some proprietary battery pack... that way you can use cheap AA rechargables, and if you're in a bind... just use some AA alkalines.

LCD screen on the back: anything will really do... remember, a bigger screen will drain your battery faster...

i can't think of much else, besides go with a name brand: Sony, Canon, Olympus, Panasonic, etc...