size of viewable page in browser

Mike

Got a new computer with Windows XP and noticed that the pages I'm viewing in Internet Explorer are all larger than I'm used to. For instance, on my Yahoo home page which has three columns, only the two columns on the left are visible, the one on the right is cut off the page. Same on many other sites as well. I've adjusted the type to the smallest setting on "Internet Options" to no avail. It's probably some simple setting but I've tried everything I can think of with no luck. Any ideas?

Mike

tristan

change the resolution of your desktop. right click the desktop and go to properties then settings and make it higher to what you like

Mike

Thanks Tristan. I don't quite understand the resolution/size thing but it worked and I appreciate it. Thanks again for the help.

Mike

tristan

Its a pretty easy concept. theres 2 sets of number say 800x600. Thats the number of pixels (electronic dots) in a given area. the higher the number the bigger the desktop size but smaller the icons and text(kinda like if you took a hollow picture frame and looked at the moon, imagine that as an icon on your desktop. if you raise the resolution its like moving farther and farther away from the moon, it will get smaller). you basically just make your desktop size bigger and your browser has more view to it.

Glad I could help.