sizing linked objects in powerpoint

fishbyname

i have inserted a linked excel spreadsheet into powerpoint but it is not showing the correct area of cells

sometimes it shows an area of blank cells and sometimes it cuts off some cells that contain information

how can i specify which cells i want to be shown in powerpoint?

many thanks

nomav6

I'm not that good with powerpoint, but I would first try to make a new spreadsheet and only put in the cells that you need for the powerpoint.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
It's much easyer to select the cells in excel, copy, then paste in powerpoint. After that you can resize the spreadsheet the same way as resizing an image.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I think that won't work, since the changes in the excel sheet won't reflect in the presentation.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
The linking in powerpoint is working fine if in excel the cells that you want to appear in powerpoint fit the screen when on 100% zoom and all other cells are empty. Check the spreadsheet, it could be a non-empty cell somewhere.

fishbyname

i've made sure that the only fields containing information are the fields i want and made it fit on screen when in 100% zoom

it is only showing in powerpoint the first 10 rows and 8 columns when there is about 3 times as many of each

if i inset it as a non linked object it comes through exactly as i want it