Sky Broadband

Dropkickmurphys

hey all, im having a really annoying issue with my sky broadband. i have tried contacting them over this and they have been completely useless....

the issue: i am getting frequent disconnects from the internet, it has happen 3 times already this morning. when i phoned them they just suggested changing the microfilter, which did nothing. i have emailed them over this, with no reply...

along with this and the stupid "interleaving" thingy or whatever it is giving me high pings in games, im trying to convince my parents to change providor. is there anything i can do in the meantime that might help to sort the issue?

any help would be apprieciated :D

thanks, DropkickMurphys

mat2317

Ive heard nothiong but bad from sky broadband. I had a smilar problem when I was with AOL, I got disconnected sooo many times. First off it could be that you live far away from the exchange point which could mean a weak signal. But when I got disconnected I brought a netgear adsl modem / router and it stopped 90% of the disconnects. My mate was in the same situation as me and he was with AOL lived round the corner and he gets disconneced ALOT even to this day, he brought the modem/router (same as mine) but he stil gets disconnected....

I have no other suggestions except you may live too far away or try a new modem (which solved my experience)

Good luck!
mat