Skype Problem, Please help!

gilad50303

Alright guys, I tried to download the new version of skype (2.5) so I uninstalled the old one. When I installed the new one, I receive this screen

picqhcvqkiv3.png

When I say ignore, I then get this screen

skypreft9.png

What should I do and why does it do this?

Last edited:

SC7

Sounds to me like a corrupt install. Did you try re-installing the new one?

gilad50303

Yes, I did. I got the file from skype.com. It's weird though, I totally uninstalled the previous one, I thought through Add/remove but I don't know. What should I do?

ReverseFluxx

Okay, uninstall what you have currently, and try re-downloading the install file. You might've just had something get corrupted while you were downloading it.

gilad50303

I installed it, but now everytime I try to reinstall it, it doesn't download, and lets me open immediately. How do I delete the file, through search or something?

gilad50303

I did that but didn't see delete files, but what I did do was clear everything, the cookies the files and history, but still everytime I download it, it doesn't need to download because it's already there. Really weird!

Thanks for the help so far

codeman0013

gilad my guess is even though you uninstalled the old one there are still registry entries for it and or system services running check into both of those areas and delete all temporary files and then try again to reinstall them