SLI and water cooling 4Gb nVidia GTX 970's

MrZand5

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be a good investment for dual GTX 970's and then water cooling them and if so what would be the best way of doing so.

Thanks

Zach

dave39

Two of the 970s in SLI is a good investment when it comes to price vs performance. Water cooling is personal preference but not necessary

Polakman0696

I think that have the GTX 970 in SLI won't generate much heat, so the water cooling isn't that necessary just make sure you have a bottom case fan or side fan for lower temperatures. But if you really wanted to OC your cards or just make them cooler then water cooling would be the answer

Geoff

VIP Member
A GTX 970 is $340, if you are going to spend $700+ to upgrade your rig, I would change a lot more than just the video cards. Getting dual 970's is really overkill compared to the rest of your computer. Do you plan to overclock them heavily? If not, water cooling is a waste of money.

fade2green514

i agree. 6 cores is a lot - for an intel build. its kind of mediocre for amd because each core is much less powerful than intel cores.

i wouldn't go above a single 970 depending what games you plan on playing. not really worth doing two.

also from what i read on newegg at least the slots at pci-e 2.0. i'd just look around a bit to make sure they wont bottleneck... though i doubt it will be an issue