SLi Question - Please answer :)

dre

hey everyone,

I own a Gigabyte Nvidia Gefore 6600GT Silent-Pipe II, I was just wondering if i got a nvidia Gefore 7600GT Silent-Pipe II and connect the 2 graphics card together with a little Sli card, will that cause any problems, like for the power situation?

I have a Motherborad - Asus A8N-SLI-Premuim PSU - 500watt

Geoff

VIP Member
I would wait a bit and get a higher end card, since the difference between those two isn't great.

Synay

And staying in SLI theme - does anyone know what LGA775 mobo will have enough space between PCI-E slots so I can fit two EVGA Nvidia 7950 GX2 gpus in sli mode, and have a place left for physix and sound card in PCI slots?

Archangel

VIP Member
if you have 1 pci slot space between the 2 pci-e slots, its enough spce.. however, the upper card will run 10*C hotter than the bottom card

Synay

Thanx. I'm looking now for that kind of mobo. I already have graphics cards so we will see where it will lead me :p

Synay

I'm really thinking to get the ultimate performance, that's why I decided to buy two of those babies :) You think I've done right?

Archangel

VIP Member
not really, no
the 7950 is kinda overpriced, and only 1 of them does the job right already.
if i would have gone for a 7950 SLI setup, i would have waited with buying the 2nd one till the one i already had couldnt handle the games maxed out anymore.
because atm, i think you will just have a lot of unnoticable performance, because the games would run a 120fps instead of 70fps maxed out ( this is just an example. ;) )

spamdos

agreed, i dont know if it is worth it ro sli at this moment (personal opinion) with one single card being able to deal well with most gaming tasks