slow down over night + no more steam games online?

myndziuss

Hello guys, i have encountered a problem that i have actually had for a while before but then it fixed itself and now its here again (dont know if it will go away or not). Last night my brother was playing counter-strike over steam and he got disconnected from the server, then he couldnt find any other server. This has happened before in our old house and was like this first when we had moved and set up the internet. I cant find any server in the steam server browser list, basically any game that has player run servers cannot be found. This has happened before as mentioned and went on for a LONG time before somehow got fixed, but the last times the internet speed had not been affected i think, as for now it takes a while to load some websites and the downloading speed was around 230kb/s and now its around 50-60 (latest download, gonna try downloading something else to confirm it). I could also not play playstation 3 games online since it said we had a NAT type: failed. I havn't tried the ps3 today to see if its the same story but if i cant find servers on ceveral games it looks exactly the same as the old problem was. Oh and i also tried running virus scans, putting my pc in DMZ, port forwarding.

Sorry for my block of text. Hope you can help :D

I am hoping that this is caused by some problem with the ISP because of the internet speed slowdown and so that they will fix it soon and everything will work properly again :rolleyes:

[edit]: Ye the internet speed has gone back to pretty much normal but still the main problem is there :/ I also checked crysis wars online, it will find servers but when i try to connect to any it says connection timed out.

Last edited:

Bacon

Try unplugging the power cord for your modem and/or router. Leave them unplugged for 30 seconds. Plug them back in (in no specific order) and wait another 30 seconds for them to boot up.

Then try things out.