Slow Mo Desktop

lynyona

For a couple of days my pc as been slow and then it did nothing at all I have reset it and took all the things off I don't use anymore but its still no better .its like its winding up lol once it gets going its okay as its used more throughout the day. I've virus checked it c cleaned it and malware checked it but found nothing. Is there any settings that may have been changed that I need to check I've done the usual disk clean disk fragmentation. I cant think of anything else to check on it its not the hard drive full its got a 2tb hard drive .Any help would be appreciated

How are you still running your OS off of an HDD? Lol that must be torture. Please upgrade to an SSD. It is worth every penny and will make your computer feel brand new.

beers

Staff member
Any specific tasks or everything? Usually slow data on the first load but fast data on the subsequent load is more of a storage access (hard drive) kind of issue.

Is your hard drive running at it's full RPM?
That's not generally a user configurable option. The drive will spin at whatever RPM it's designed to.

How are you still running your OS off of an HDD? Lol that must be torture. Please upgrade to an SSD. It is worth every penny and will make your computer feel brand new.
That doesn't help the OP at all.

aldan

as beers stated,no it doesnt help.this is a performance problem that cropped up over a few days,meaning it wasnt ongoing.yes an ssd will perk up your computer but wont likely fix the problem he has.