slow page loads from internet

vzfox

I recently got rid of CA Security Suite because it was taking up so many resources and dragging my pc down a bit. I purchased the AVG Antivirus and AntiSpyware. Since doing so, most all interent pages now load at a normal speed. There are however still a few pages that take up to 10 minutes just to load. A couple of those websites that take forever to load pages are; Veoh.com, MySpace.com, JCWhitney.com plus quite a few others. All sites I use quite often.

what settings should i check on my pc to make sure it "isnt" my computer that's the problem?

HP Pavilion a1700n
250 GB hard drive
2 GB DDR2 RAM
500 watt power supply
AMD Athlon 3800+ 64x2 dual core
ATI Sapphire X1650 512MB DDR2 PCI Express x16 video
Windows Vista Home Premium
cable internet....10mb

btw....it takes about 5 to 6 minutes just to post this question here after clicking "submit thread".

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I'd first try disabling both (or specifically the spyware one) and seeing how pages load.

Could you possibly have any other firewalls or anything that might interfere with your network?

vzfox

I just have the normal Windows Firewall active at Medium/Low security. I have also tried turning off my Spyware and Antivirus, but the page loads didnt change. I havent always had this problem, its just been recently like the past month or so. Before I got rid of CA Security, I ran both a virus and spyware check and it came up clean. Once I downloaded AVG, i did the same and it also found nothing on a full scan.