Slow WiFi

idahoduk

Sager forgot to install my wifi card so I had to install it myself. I installed the card in the correct PCI slot and plugged in the antenna. I installed the MSI software and it connects to my network and the connection is Excellent but it took over 5 minutes to load this page. I thought it might be my router so I tested it with my USB adapter and it's now back to normal. There were two antennas I'm asuming the second was for bluetooth. My card has a connection for it but I didn't order one that supported BT. Any ideas?

Trizoy

VIP Member
Bluetooh is slow, use the regular wirless. Are you sure you connected to the correct wireless signal? Also were you donwloading with limewire or anything else on the other PC?

You also may be getting interference from wirless phone, cell phone bluetooth headset... anything wireless.

Good luck

idahoduk

I turned off my wife's computer and reconnected my computer to my home network. Still slow and nothing else was running. I think it might be the connections on the actual card since everything is installed correctly but I don't know if thats possible. I'm sure I don't have bluetooth just G.

computerhakk

VIP Member
whats the speed of the card..
how far are you away from the router..
and how far can your card cover..(in range)

your last post.. you said that you reconnected it to the network... is this by the cable? or still via your wifi? if wire.. it can be your provider.. or possibly the router.

has the slowness happened the day you tried to get your wifi working and such? or has it been happening previously.

idahoduk

Whats Mimo? It's a wireless G card 54mps. I'm about 20 feet from the router and only 1 wall. My UBS device is fast but the internal card is still slow. I still have yet to try it with a cable. It keeps dropping the connection too. Maybe it 's a combatibility issue since it connects to my anouther network but the signal strength is weak.