Slow wireless internet

J_D

Yeah that is quite slow, do you happen to know what your ISP offers. Or what they sold you

For example I have BT Broadband, which offers 8Mbit ADSL broadband.

However you have to be god to get that, I like many offer people only receive a variable 1.5-3MBit connection and I can't complain cause it does state somewhere that speeds above 1Mbit are in there acceptable limits.

Irishwhistle

Yeah that is quite slow, do you happen to know what your ISP offers. Or what they sold you

For example I have BT Broadband, which offers 8Mbit ADSL broadband.

However you have to be god to get that, I like many offer people only receive a variable 1.5-3MBit connection and I can't complain cause it does state somewhere that speeds above 1Mbit are in there acceptable limits.

I think it's supposed to be 1.5Mbps. I am plugged into another computer to get the internet though. I'll have to check on a computer that is directly connected later. Thanks!

~Jordan

Dropkickmurphys

I think it's supposed to be 1.5Mbps. I am plugged into another computer to get the internet though. I'll have to check on a computer that is directly connected later. Thanks!

~Jordan

could it be something to do with you being connected through another computer? i dont know much about that sort of thing, but it might be restricting your internet access some how.

Irishwhistle

could it be something to do with you being connected through another computer? i dont know much about that sort of thing, but it might be restricting your internet access some how.

I'll try it on the laptop.

EDIT: Here is what I got on the laptop:

It's the same except for the upload speed is slower.

Thanks!

~Jordan

Last edited:

Dropkickmurphys

there must be something seriously wrong with your internet if its meant to be 1.5mbps...
i dont know what to suggest any more apart from contacting your ISP.