Smart computer build for 800$?

Joeybits

New Member
I've been meaning to build my own rig for a while now, and now that i have a job i'm actually getting serious about it. I'm looking to use it mainly for gaming, games such as mmo's and fps'. The rig doesn't have to be amazing, and i won't need to run crysis at 200 fps.

The PC itself needs to be under 800$. I really don't care what my case looks like, so long as it has ample enough room. Also, I don't have a preference between AMD and Intel, but to be honest i don't know much about AMD.

Here is what I'm looking at:

CPU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103674 AMD 3.2ghz Phenom II (165.99)
Motherboard -http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128397
Gigabyte AMD motherboard ($89.99)
Memory - 2x2gb DDR3 1333 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231189 (108.99)
Graphics Card - Radeon HD 512mb - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150369 (114.99)
Hard Drive - 1tb harddrive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136317 (84.99)
Case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146025 (79.99)
Power Supply - ?

I left the power supply blank because i'm not sure how much i'll need in order to run that machine well. This PC comes out to about 650$ without the power supply.

I've never before built a computer, so it is very possible that those parts won't even coincide with eachother. I'm wondering if this is a good build, and if you guys could give me some advice on this.
 
Looks pretty good good so far.

Better RAM for $15 less (G-skill Ripjaws)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277

Much better graphics card for $10 more (XFX 4850)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150351

Similar case from same company, with less shipping and better features (better cooling, painted inside, better cable management)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146060

That keeps the overall price about the same counting shipping...a bit lower actually...and leaves over $100 for a good PSU.
 
Last edited:
Looks pretty good good so far.

Better RAM for $15 less (G-skill Ripjaws)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277

Much better graphics card for $10 more (XFX 4850)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150351

Similar case from same company, with less shipping and better features (better cooling, painted inside, better cable management)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146060

That keeps the overall price about the same counting shipping...a bit lower actually...and leaves over $100 for a good PSU.

Thanks, Would a 650w power supply be enough to power my computer? I have no intentions of overclocking or anything like that.
 
Back
Top