Smart watch?

Grantapus

Hello. I have been looking for a smart watch for some time now, but no luck finding on that's right. My budget is around 100 dollars. I was looking at gearbest and found some good option, but I read some pretty bad things about NO NAME smart watch brands. So I was thinking I should just get a Samsung Gear s2. It only has 4 gb of storage, but that's okay. All I need is to have about an hour of music on there at once. If there are recommendations you can make, it can't have a leather strap, it needs to fit small wrist, it needs to be made of metal, and it needs to have a Oled / amoled screen. It also needs a GPS as I will run with this.

If there are no suggestions, can you tell me if gear s2 is good?

Thanks.

Grantapus

Obviously not and if he did it would either be a knock off or used.
You make me really damn mad assuming that I'm dumb enough to buy a freaking s2 knockoff. Anyways,

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=222346298719

And how about you guys please help me with my question instead of f-ing around questioning me about eBay links etc?

Thanks.
PS: keep in mind this seller has 99.1 percent good feedback so I don't think its a scam. And there have already been orders with no complaints.

beers

Staff member
And how about you guys please help me with my question instead of f-ing around questioning me about eBay links etc?
What's the incentive when you're just throwing a tantrum about it?

You've obviously made up your mind, just go buy it.

Grantapus

What's the incentive when you're just throwing a tantrum about it?

You've obviously made up your mind, just go buy it.
Ok, I'm sorry for the tantrum, but I was just looking for feedback. So does anyone have any thoughts about this watch?

Grantapus

I found a watch on gearbest that has 1 GB ram / 16 GB ROM, 400x400 Amoled, 3g, GPS, etc. But I read some bad things about these no name brands battery life / long term quality. So I should steer clear and go with a trusted brand like Samsung, Right? Please list your thoughts.

Geoff

VIP Member
I found a watch on gearbest that has 1 GB ram / 16 GB ROM, 400x400 Amoled, 3g, GPS, etc. But I read some bad things about these no name brands battery life / long term quality. So I should steer clear and go with a trusted brand like Samsung, Right? Please list your thoughts.
What OS does it run? If it's Android Wear I wouldn't worry too much. But unless it's an Android Wear or Samsung Tizen device, it's going to have shit for compatibility and usefulness.

Grantapus

What OS does it run? If it's Android Wear I wouldn't worry too much. But unless it's an Android Wear or Samsung Tizen device, it's going to have shit for compatibility and usefulness.
Its running android 5.1 customized for watches. I was looking at the LG G watch Urbane also, they go for about 80-100 bucks on eBay used /open box Mint condition 10/10. How does that compare to S2?

Darren

Staff member
Not sure why you guys doubted the S2. There's a lot of them around the $100 price point.

Grantapus

Not sure why you guys doubted the S2. There's a lot of them around the $100 price point.
OK, I just realized the Urbane does not have a GPS. The second addition does but its hundreds of dollars. Anyways, is the s2 good? Thoughts?

Darren

Staff member
You're going to get more out of reading reviews of it than hoping somebody here has used one. Good reviews? Buy it.

Grantapus

Well... what's your phone? That's kind of an important detail.

Generally compatibility lists are there for a reason and it's not on it... it won't be compatible. Pretty straightforward there.
Cr*p, guess I can't buy this. I thought it said any phone with 4.4 / and up with 1.5 GB of ram will work??

Any suggestions on a alternative?

Grantapus

This video explains the required specs to run this watch, my phone meets all of them:

At least Android 4.4 (mine has 7.0)

At least 1.5 gb of RAM (mine has 3 gbs.)

But my phone is still not in the list.

Link to cited video:.