Smartphone Network type

peter912

When I was trying to make a call, through contacts, on my smart phone I was constantly getting this message "Mobile network not available for voice calls" So when I got home I called Motorola customer service. They advised me to go to Network Type under settings in the phone. There I saw circle LTE , which was recommended and checked off. I was advised to switch to 3G and lo and behold I could make a call . Could someone who knows what this means explain it to me because I haven't a clue. I am just glad that the phone is working now. p.s. this is the moto e4 by Lenovo mobile phone.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely an issue with your network provider. Contact your cellular provider. They may want to know about it.

peter912

Most likely an issue with your network provider. Contact your cellular provider. They may want to know about it.

So what does LTE and 3G mean and why do I need to report this to my network provider ? I don't mind reporting it but I have been on hold now for 15 minutes already trying to get through to them. Won't other people report it ?

Well after 20 minutes I got through on the phone. Yes, they know about this ,that their service only works on 3G. It would have been nice if someone would have let me know this also. She then went on to confuse me even more. It seems that in 1 1/2 years time they will be switching to HSPA plus for the network and not all phones will be compatible at that time. She thinks that mine, the moto e4 just might be but she wasn't sure. Does anyone know what HSPA is and whether I'll still be able to use my phone ?

So I just finished a chat with Motorola and they said that my phone will be compatible to the upgrade to HSPA

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
May I ask who you have for your cell provider? Anyone who isn't on 4g these days is bad. 4g is data anyway. Calls should work either way.

peter912

May I ask who you have for your cell provider? Anyone who isn't on 4g these days is bad. 4g is data anyway. Calls should work either way.

Well, I am located in Toronto, Canada. My cell provider is called "Speak-Out" and I think that they run on the Rogers network but I am not sure why they aren't on 4G ,if they run on the Rogers network, because that is a major company ? Also the strange thing was that I couldn't make a call through my contact list but if I dialed the number then the call went through. They, (Speak-Out), told me that in a years time they will be upgrading to HSPA .

peter912

Probably bum F^^$#@ Saudi Arabia. If it's a network provider here in the states I'd ditch it.

It is a network provider here in Canada ( Speak-Out). The reason for not switching is the cost. It only costs $25 to buy airtime and it lasts for one year.If you buy more airtime before it expires then the $25 rolls over, so in essence it never expires . No other network provider could possibly match that . For me it is sufficient because I only have the phone mainly to use in an emergency, so why should I pay more ?