Smoker With Dirty Computer

OK, I smoked in my office for 3 years and I'm sure the inside of my computer looks like an ashtray.

I've read that using canned air to blow it out is one way of sort of fixing the mess, but what else can I do? Can I take it to someone for a better, more detailed cleaning?

I quit smoking by the way....but too late.

JlCollins005

i wouldnt bother taking it to some1, once u get the side of the case off make sure all the cables disconnected id take it outside and just used canned air, and maybe a papertowel and give it a whirl

MrDave3D

OK, I smoked in my office for 3 years and I'm sure the inside of my computer looks like an ashtray.

I've read that using canned air to blow it out is one way of sort of fixing the mess, but what else can I do? Can I take it to someone for a better, more detailed cleaning?

I quit smoking by the way....but too late.

Yes can Air will work fine or better yet do a Whole rebuild maybe add some new stuff :p:D;):p

Dave

illryan

Yes can Air will work fine or better yet do a Whole rebuild maybe add some new stuff :p:D;):p

Dave

take it all apart and use the can of air on the insides of connectors, expansion ports and anything with a hole/crevice. clean off fans with a rag and anything else that you can wipe without damaging fragile circuitry. spray the fan on the power supply, try and hold it with a pen or something so the fan doesn't spin and u can clean it with the air can. then put it all back together and use something like an air compressor to give it an overall shot of air after assembled. ive used a vacuum that goes in reverse(blow mode) to clean out a really really dusty case...just watch your eyes.:D

Last edited:
most you should be able to get off by just blowing and moving with paper towels, remember to check that your fan still keeps up a good rpm.