So Gigabyte sent me something to test... here are the teaser pics.

bubblescivic

So everyone's thinking about i7 and I've been reluctant to upgrade because i have so much 775 stuff. I talked to my connect at Gigabyte and told him I had a 45nm quad to mess with and asked if he had any boards I could use for Crossfire/single nvidia card testing with the GTX 260 he gave me. He told me he would send me the be all end all of P45 chipset motherboards. I didn't expect anything other than a UD series board, but this thing came in...

nice packaging
IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

pretty good looking board with all heatpipes that go from the mosfets to the northbridge which is water ready, and down the the southbridge.
IMG_1561.jpg

heatpipe cooler for an air solution if you don't want to run water, the beauty of this is that it doesn't require removal of the waterblock.
IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

the base of the heatpipe northbridge air cooler.
IMG_1562.jpg

i hope it does well, here's what's going with it when i have time tomorrow...

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66ghz
G.Skill 2GBHZ D9 DDR2 800
Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME
Gigabyte GTX 260 or 2x HD3870's in CF, i got a pair of visionteks for a good deal
Seasonic M12 700w PSU
WD Velociraptor 300gb x2 in RAID 0

hopefully i can clock that quad up to 4.2+, if not i might have to buy some DDR2 1066. stay tuned,

dubesinhower

so thats why the copper in a penny is worth more than one cent... all the copper is being turned into heatpipes! lol. looks sexy.

theasian100

I seriously couldn't say a word reading the OP

This expression is literally my facial expression. :O

Oh how i wish i were you >.<

just a noob

blargh at the water block, the barbs are far to small to be any good, i wish manufacturers would actually learn that people run bigger than g1/8 barbs in their setups

mikesrex

blargh at the water block, the barbs are far to small to be any good, i wish manufacturers would actually learn that people run bigger than g1/8 barbs in their setups

does it really matter what size water lines you run with a setup like this?

I'm pretty sure you can still transfer plenty of heat away from stuff with those size water lines.

bubblescivic

to me it doesn't matter because i'm hardline on air clocking, if we really need some serious shit i'll just machine one of my pot designs for DI/LN2 or ask mikesrex if i can use his Vapochill LS in my living room.

Last edited:

bcoffee20

that board looks freakin awesome. hmm i need to get some sweet hookup like you have at gigabyte, im freakin jealous

bomberboysk

Thats a nice board, i wish i would have got something with an intel chipset, as my quad is really fsb limited(cant boot over 500fsb, and takes way to much nb voltage to boot above ~494 fsb. If the fsb could go higher i know i could take my chip further..

bubblescivic

here are pictures of the build, mikesrex & i wired this shit up badass and modified the case, hope it passes the wire tuck test. lolz.

my dog with the finished product

DSCF9045.jpg

TRUE nice and clean next to the NB heatsink.

DSCF9049.jpg

G.Skill HZ's

DSCF9056.jpg

Top to Bottom, NB Heatsink, Gigabyte GTX 260, Gigabyte SilentPipe 8600GTS 512mb

DSCF9050.jpg

whole setup

DSCF9054.jpg

obligatory gun pic.

DSCF9063.jpg

finished product.

DSCF9065.jpg

bubblescivic

anyway, on the bum crackhead non-overclocking cpu i'm running 3.728ghz (466x8) at the moment peaking out at 36 deg C at the hottest core crunching World Community Grid. check it out...

screenshotoftemps.jpg

oh i forgot to mention the exact specs of the system at the moment...

Intel Q9400 2.66ghz @ 3.728ghz (466x8 @ 1.4vCore in Bios, 1.376 actual)
Gigabyte EP45-EXTREME motherboard
Gigabyte GTX 260 196-core 896mb (576mhz core @ 676mhz core)
Gigabyte 8600GTS 512-mb SilentPipe (physx & controler for my two side monitors.
G.Skill 2GBPK ram bc the HZ's are bum DDR2 800 @ 932mhz 5-5-5-15 need Pi Black hint hint G. Skill
2x WD Velociraptor 300gb's in RAID 0
Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme Heatsink with Lian-Li Fan.
Seasonic M12 700w modular PSU
Lian-Li PC-7B Modified by mikersex for cable management
Lian-Li Card Reader
Sony 3.25" Floppy with Lian-Li black bezel (to write RAID driver diskettes.)

Last edited: