So, how about that CR-48?

spynoodle

I'm checking my email like, every other minute. :D It would be so epic if I won this thing..... Good luck to all you guys! ;)

Quiltface

i hope i win one... and i think i would just end up giving to my girlfriend after i fulfilled my beta testing obligations. The chrome os doesn't appeal to me from what i have seen.

spynoodle

i hope i win one... and i think i would just end up giving to my girlfriend after i fulfilled my beta testing obligations. The chrome os doesn't appeal to me from what i have seen.
Probably not me either, but I'm still psyched waiting to see If I get one. Hey, it's probably about as good as my latitude D410 + a webcam, mic, not being really hot, etc. :rolleyes:
i read this last night and applied, answered everything true trouble is drunk as hell, still hope i win lol.
According to this article, it doesn't really matter how you filled out the quiz:
http://newschoolers.com/ns/forums/readthread/thread_id/585822/page/2/
It got me pretty ticced off, considering I've been waiting for a couple days now, and this dude got it in the mail after he thought he was applying for a sticker. :angry::)

zombine210

good luck :)
i don't really live in the web, just get on when i have to, so i wouldn't be a good candidate. sounds fun though.

Fatback

VIP Member
My best friend got one in the mail, about 10 days ago. He thought he was just getting a sticker, and he got a whole netbook. It just so happened I was there when he got it, I've never seen him so excited about anything. It's defiantly nice, and pretty fast. I haven't used it a lot, but it's a nice device, and if google sales them cheap I'll be getting one.

spynoodle

The one coming to my zip code was delivered...but not to my house ::frowns::

noodle how is it...
Pretty epic. I'll probably do a blog post about it later. The 8 hour battery life isn't a lie, and the thing's got 2gb ddr3 and an Atom N455. Full specs here:
http://chromeossite.com/2010/12/11/google-cr-48-chrome-notebook-full-hardware-specs/
It runs great, except for the fact that flash is a bit laggy, which Adobe says they'll fix in 10.2
Don't lose hope yet, though! The tracker didn't say anything about mine until it came, when it said it was delivered.