So i am vista... LOL

Fritzjavel

New Member
Okay last night i was kind of scared to use vista upgrade, and well success, but i'm not saying i didn't have any hiccups, and still have some... well i started the install, and choose upgrade, and let the rest run by itself overnight while i slept... i woke up in the morning, and all i say was a mouse, with a black screen.. no leading no spinning drive, no spinning disc, ten min later still like that... so i restarted the computer, while the vista disc is in there and choose fresh install version, and WOW IT WORKS!!!.. lol, but it saved my old XP files in a folder called old windows, which is what i wanted, now my main problem, how do i get the programs from XP to Vista, well how do i get the games... because my games disc are scratched... so how could i do that, i tried manual but it ask for DX9, so i installed DX9, and now it just won't start...
 
how do i get the programs from XP to Vista
an upgrade from xp to Vista will probably keep your old program files somewhere around on your computer. just search for it in C.
note that some programs might not work unless you re-install, programs such as adobe photoshop etc etc

because my games disc are scratched.
well bro a re-install is your only chance for survival !!
 
Vista is a completely different OS from XP.
if you did an upgrade from 2000 to XP, chances are some games might work and some might not.
But in your case like i mentioned above, in most cases the game needs a fresh install
 
Well, you can try making the scratches shallower by applying toothpaste on the underside of the CD and washing it with luke warm water. This shallows the scratches and helps the CD drive to read the CD better.

NOTE : I read this in a magazine, and have also tried it, nothing wrong happened to the CD and I was able to play the DVD after doing this(it had a hell lot of scratches).
 
alright thanks you, I guess i'm back to step one... I had SOOO much games.. LOL...

That's why we use CD cases :). You can't expect any programs to work after installing a new OS. It's just like trying to copy your game files from one computer to another and expecting it to play:rolleyes:.
 
man, that really sucks. I had this game that I loved playing, but I lost the CD and you need it to play, then we moved, and I've lost all hope. Domination it was called. I miss it...
 
Back
Top