So I decided to build another LGA775 system: E8500

mikesrex

He calls that a POS :eek:

DUDE thats one hell of a machine! nice overclock!

Why Still using Xp?

The XP installation was actually on the hard drive that I used for my P45 setup I had a while back with a Gigabyte board. I installed windows 7 RC1 on it just recently to see how it works.

and yeah, it's a POS due to the crappy case and cheap PSU. My i7 is running a nice Antec case with a PC&P 750W Silencer, which is probably what I'll get for this setup later on when I have more time.

mikesrex

So I'm going to build an AMD 955, so I gave Matticus my E8500 stuff. He used it with a TRUE120, Gigabyte board and some G.Skill 2GBHZ RAM and achieved the following:

sdfgsdfgsg.jpg

shoehorned

Nice... but the question is, is it stable?:p

Is that a real question? It's his benching settings for a quick SPi run. Obviously, you can't use prime or linpack to test stability at those voltages.

Good job on that chip though! Can he try for 5ghz like your original goal? That might be a bit of a stretch though.

mikesrex

Is that a real question? It's his benching settings for a quick SPi run. Obviously, you can't use prime or linpack to test stability at those voltages.

Good job on that chip though! Can he try for 5ghz like your original goal? That might be a bit of a stretch though.

I think this chip will go 5 GHz on air with some tweaking, especially given the low temps at the current clocks.

Matticus

I'm pretty sure I can get a 5ghz super pi on air. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. And with Mike and me running the controls, we should be able to get a serious clock out out of this turd.

People can say whatever they want, my d9 ram still clocks like a mofo. Unfortunately, I think it's time to retire my d9 ram. My next run will be on 1066.

My ultimate goal with this POS is to run 537x9.5. A true 5.1 on air would be BALLER :cool: