So I want to upgrade my pc

CecilDaBomb1117

I have a hp slimline 260-p037cb and would like to upgrade to the core i7 6700 Skylake and a GTX 1050, and of course the ram and I don't know what else I would have to upgrade (I'm a little new to this whole thing xD). If you need anything about the current specs the link is https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05176629 the only difference is that I have 6 gigs of RAM rather than 8

Calin

According to the website you can't fit a 6700k so a 6700t is the highest end option available, it's pretty much the same thing but with a lower clockspeed and you're not gonna be overclocking with that motherboard.
You can fit a low profile 1050 but you're gonna need a new Small form factor PSU aswell and you're gonna need some UDIMM DDR4 RAM if you wanna upgrade, Crucial sells some of those. And I'd recommend adding a SSD aswell.
Sadly the slim design of that PC limits a lot of what you can upgrade and if you'll want to go with a higher end GPU than a 1050 you're better off building a new one.

CecilDaBomb1117

According to the website you can't fit a 6700k so a 6700t is the highest end option available, it's pretty much the same thing but with a lower clockspeed and you're not gonna be overclocking with that motherboard.
You can fit a low profile 1050 but you're gonna need a new Small form factor PSU aswell and you're gonna need some UDIMM DDR4 RAM if you wanna upgrade, Crucial sells some of those. And I'd recommend adding a SSD aswell.
Sadly the slim design of that PC limits a lot of what you can upgrade and if you'll want to go with a higher end GPU than a 1050 you're better off building a new one.
With those options will it still play most games at mid settings? I don't really care about "ultra super settings" I just really want to play some games with my friends such as gta v and possibly others. If I start making a whole new PC it will kinda make me feel bad because it was a Christmas present.

Calin

With those options will it still play most games at mid settings? I don't really care about "ultra super settings" I just really want to play some games with my friends such as gta v and possibly others. If I start making a whole new PC it will kinda make me feel bad because it was a Christmas present.
At 1080p, yes it will.