so whats hot these days? (gfx cards)

lexmark

so whats the deal of the month? whats the card with the best $/performance ratio?

im looking for something to replace my 8800gt

X24

Nope, the 8800GT was a pretty darn good card for its time. You wouldn't see any increase of performance if you went with a 9600GT. You probably would actually lose performance. If you like Nvidia, try the 9800GTX, if ATI the 4850. Both good cards.

Tacofreak

banned
The 9600 GT with 1 GIGABYTE is still good though :)

You should stay with your card and get a GTX 260/280 when the prices drop.

I'm upgrading from a 7600 GT because mine died so it will be a big difference for me, and the 9600 GT is more than enough to run the latest games on high settings (like crysis for example).

:cool:

oregon

seriously, i wouldn't even bother upgrading since it can still max most games... are there any other than crysis that it can't?

smoothjk

If you must upgrade from a 8800GT (still a fine card), I'd recommend getting at least a 4850. IMHO, the best bang for your buck card on the market right now. Sweet spot, if I've ever seen one (along with the cheaper, less powerful 8800GT).

oregon

no... if your going to upgrade, then make it a significant upgrade. the 4850 is perhaps 30% better? really not worth getting right now. go with at least 4870 if your must upgrade.

Vizy

the 9600 gt is either on par, or in some situations worse than the 800gt. Not an upgrade.