So, where is the big Chill?

prostocknutt

Well, after all the stress in trying to decide what to do about bulding my new system, The build is complete and up and running. The parts i have installed in the new box are as follows.

Asus A8V deluxe MoBo
X800XL Video card AGP 8x
420 watt PSU which came in the $52.00 tower
AMD 3500+ Venice core CPU
1 gig of "el-cheapo" store brand pc3200 ddr ram

I will later upgrade this RAM and use it in another computer later, but for now its all i have.

Once i started rasing the CPU mhz, I noticed the heat also started to rise quickly with the stock CPU fan and heatsink. My question is this...what is the best aftermarket CPU cooler avalible for my MoBo and 939 socket AMD? I wish to send this computer to the maximum i can get from it, and its clear i am gonna need a good cooler. At this time, i am not interested in water coolers, but need someone to give me some advice on the many coolers out there..

Archangel

VIP Member
well.. i have a Arctic Cooling: Freezer 64.
its a great heatsink+ fan combination.
my bro's 3000+ "Venice" is Oc'd to 2.8GHz on Air cooling :D
and my X2 is on 30*C Idle

joelkyr

prostocknutt said:
I wish to send this computer to the maximum i can get from it, and its clear i am gonna need a good cooler.
i think their is a conflict between what u want to achieve and what u can do to achieved this.....only way u can max ur RIG is to get a better cooling than what u want.....Water cooling or Phase Change is the answer, that then only way i can think of to achived the full potential of your RIG. :)

pbsk8er03

Dont get the 3800+ its a waste of money. The 3000+ is the same core and cache, which means it can be overclocked to the ghz of a 3800+ so in essense be the same processor saving you lots of cash.