Socket Intel News

Jiniix

I'd consider a second GTX 1080 a 'large purchase' as well. One with even less value than the first. Obviously different strokes for different folks, but I always felt bad spending my parents money, even though I knew it didn't matter.
I've literally never been in the situation where I need to save up to buy something.

Origin Saint

Like I said I'm not the only one who has a watercooling loop. And this computer was the "large purchase"
Yes, but most people actually have to work for their money to pay for it.
So what? Why do you hate the fact that I use my parents' money so much?

Having came from a lower middle class family that has worked in blue-collar non-technical fields their entire lives (farmers, dump/semi truck drivers, factory workers, carpenters, landscapers, etc...), I know exactly what the issue is here:

He doesn't respect or understand the importance of having money. Being completely detached from the fact that your parents are buying you anything and everything and pushing that further and further and having never had a job occupation with minimal experience, you have zero understanding of what it actually takes to earn the money that you're spending so nonchalantly. Some people, including you likely, will work at least one position in their lifetime, often more, in which a $1000 purchase, is an entire month or more worth of 40 hour/week work. Hell. My girlfriend works 40 hours a week, every single week, and still only brings home $1300 a month or so.

You have no concept of the actual work, time, and effort, it takes to earn that $1000 that you want to spend, and therefore can't see the issue with being so young, having no income, and repeatedly spending this money on high-end stuff that you really don't even make significant use of considering the only things you ever claim to play are GTA and BF (likely because all your money is in the expensive components rather instead of games and things to use the computer for).

Seems like a case of affluenza. So sheltered to the earning of money and the way the world really works for most people that you can't possibly see/understand the issues others would have with your spending habits.

Calin

Having came from a lower middle class family that has worked in blue-collar non-technical fields their entire lives (farmers, dump/semi truck drivers, factory workers, carpenters, landscapers, etc...), I know exactly what the issue is here:

He doesn't respect or understand the importance of having money. Being completely detached from the fact that your parents are buying you anything and everything and pushing that further and further and having never had a job occupation with minimal experience, you have zero understanding of what it actually takes to earn the money that you're spending so nonchalantly. Some people, including you likely, will work at least one position in their lifetime, often more, in which a $1000 purchase, is an entire month or more worth of 40 hour/week work. Hell. My girlfriend works 40 hours a week, every single week, and still only brings home $1300 a month or so.

You have no concept of the actual work, time, and effort, it takes to earn that $1000 that you want to spend, and therefore can't see the issue with being so young, having no income, and repeatedly spending this money on high-end stuff that you really don't even make significant use of considering the only things you ever claim to play are GTA and BF (likely because all your money is in the expensive components rather instead of games and things to use the computer for).

Seems like a case of affluenza. So sheltered to the earning of money and the way the world really works for most people that you can't possibly see/understand the issues others would have with your spending habits.
Again, it's not your business where I get my money from, unless they're stolen :p
And about the games I play, it's true but I'm gonna buy Project cars or Dirt rally (can't decide) and a steering wheel next month.

Origin Saint

And about the games I play, it's true but I'm gonna buy Project cars or Dirt rally (can't decide) and a steering wheel next month.
Yeah, you go right on ahead and buy yourself a couple $40-$60 games, a $200+ Logitech steering wheel and add in that $700+ 1080 "Because the case is empty".

Calin

a $200+ Logitech steering wheel
I'm gonna buy a cheaper one, so that I can save for the second 1080.
Also, remember, this thread is called "Socket 1151 news" not "Let's all hate on Calin because he gets money from his parents"

Intel_man

VIP Member
Prime example is the LGA2011 vs the LGA2011-v3. They switched around some of what the pins do, moved where the key notch is. BAM... "new socket". Buy our new boards.

I'm surprised the LGA1151 has lasted this long without a socket change. Considering Skylake, Kaby Lake, and Cannonlake are all going to use the LGA1151 socket.

beers

Staff member
I saw the URL expecting 67 GHz.

The decimal on the resulting page lead to disappointment.

Darren

Staff member
http://www.pcgamer.com/intels-kaby-lake-everything-you-need-to-know/

FdaLGRLswdXDKZupDcXU7Y-650-80.png