Socket Intel News

Geoff

VIP Member
I just want to keep up with technology. But when the Ti comes out I'll go SLI with my 1080 instead of the Ti, just so that the case looks less empty. Plus the 1080 price will probably drop.
A few weeks ago you said you had no money to buy games. Now you're buying a second 1080 when there is absolutely no reason to?

Calin

A few weeks ago you said you had no money to buy games. Now you're buying a second 1080 when there is absolutely no reason to?
I said I will buy a second 1080 when the 1080 Ti comes out. That will be a couple of months from now.

Darren

Staff member
Can you even conceptualize the fact that you're talking about spending $800 to FILL SPACE IN A CASE BECAUSE IT LOOKS EMPTY.

You're a kid, you play video games, and your parents pay for it. Cool. That's common and how many of us were when younger, hell my parents still pay for a good chunk of my living expenses. That is absolutely zero excuse for you to piss away money just because you can. You're actually saying you want to spend the amount of money I make in several weeks TO FILL SOME FRIGGIN SPACE IN A CASE. Come on. I get that your parents give you money, or your friends, but you gotta learn when to just take what you have and save or do something productive with the money.

I just want to keep up with technology. But when the Ti comes out I'll go SLI with my 1080 instead of the Ti, just so that the case looks less empty. Plus the 1080 price will probably drop.

That 1080 is more valuable than my computer and I'd argue I keep up with technology better than you do. Not insulting you, but your reasoning is poor.

Calin

Can you even conceptualize the fact that you're talking about spending $800 to FILL SPACE IN A CASE BECAUSE IT LOOKS EMPTY.

You're a kid, you play video games, and your parents pay for it. Cool. That's common and how many of us were when younger, hell my parents still pay for a good chunk of my living expenses. That is absolutely zero excuse for you to piss away money just because you can. You're actually saying you want to spend the amount of money I make in several weeks TO FILL SOME FRIGGIN SPACE IN A CASE. Come on. I get that your parents give you money, or your friends, but you gotta learn when to just take what you have and save or do something productive with the money.
That's like asking why I spent 1000$ on a watercooling loop just to get 100-200mhz more vs a 100$ AIO. This is just what makes me happy, it's weird but it's true. And of course I also want to add some MSAA to GTA 5 and break 20k in Firestrike. There are people who spent way more than I did, why don't you go and bash them?

Geoff

VIP Member
That's like asking why I spent 1000$ on a watercooling loop just to get 100-200mhz more vs a 100$ AIO. This is just what makes me happy, it's weird but it's true. And of course I also want to add some MSAA to GTA 5 and break 20k in Firestrike. There are people who spent way more than I did, why don't you go and bash them?
You spent $1,000 on a watercooling setup for a small gain in overclocking? Wow... You do realize you don't need to spend every dollar someone gives you right? You can save them for a large purchase.

The fact that you have zero understanding of what money is worth is astounding. You treat $1,000 like it's nothing, and go and spend it on plastic tubes and pumps. The day you get your own job and realize that it takes you a few months to earn that $1,000 will probably be reason enough for you to quit and live off your parents until you're 40.

Jiniix

My dad is rich as balls, but he said something to me when I was very young that I still remember to this day.
"Just because you have a lot of money, doesn't mean you have to spend a lot of money".
The way I interpret it is basically to look for value in the things you buy.

Geoff

VIP Member
My dad is rich as balls, but he said something to me when I was very young that I still remember to this day.
"Just because you have a lot of money, doesn't mean you have to spend a lot of money".
The way I interpret it is basically to look for value in the things you buy.
My actions are different from what I'm about to say, and I need to start listening to my own advice.

When I was a kid, I was thrilled when I could save up $20 to buy something I really wanted. And if I wanted something expensive like a $150 radio scanner, I saved up my birthday and Christmas money, and bought it months later. When you make more money, you are tempted to spend more, and now I make multiple several hundred or thousand dollar purchases like it's nothing, but I don't have the same joy as I did when I was a kid and saving up that money for months. The fact that you have to work to buy something means you enjoy it that much more, IMO. And just because you make more money as you get older, doesn't mean you need to spend more of it.

Calin

You spent $1,000 on a watercooling setup for a small gain in overclocking? Wow... You do realize you don't need to spend every dollar someone gives you right? You can save them for a large purchase.
Like I said I'm not the only one who has a watercooling loop. And this computer was the "large purchase"