Software Development Platform

bdtot

So far what's the best software development platform that you could recommend for me to use in developing sites? Thanks .

SpriteMidr

What do you mean...

Languages? IDEs? Frameworks?

What do you mean exactly?

To be honest... I generally just use a combo of:

-nano/sublime text 3 text editors
-python3.5 with flask and jinja2 for a backend
-psycopg2 as a database plugin for python
-postgresql as a database backend (connect via psycopg2)
-html5 + java script + css3 + jquery + jqueryui + bootstrap for the web page design itself.

...if this is what you mean.

There is no *best* way of doing something, otherwise everyone would just use that. Everything has pros and cons.

If you mean "software to develop", I write all my stuff by hand rather than using a dedicated program. Adobe Dreamweaver can do HTML and page design, IDEs for python such as Pycharm exist if you wanted to use python, and Google chrome has a few decent tools to test different screen sizes and resolutions, as does Internet Explorer iirc.

If you want something like Dreamweaver which is free, you can try brackets which is nice to use. It apparently allows live editing to see changes as you type in a web page...but like ST3, it is a text editor.

If you dont like Sublime Text 3 prompting for a donation and dont want to buy a licence (it just nags every dozen saves with a message box, but it is not mandatory to use the program), you can use Notepad++. A lot of people swear by it, tbh I think it is a bit ugly and clunky, but each to their own :)