Some cards as good as the 7600GT?

Calibretto

VIP Member
Ok so I'm thinking about getting a 7600GT. Does anybody know any other cards that are around the 7600GT's performance level? Like maybe ATI's comparison to the 7600GT? Thanks!

elitehacker

Well the Ati equivalent of the 7600GT is supposed to be the X1650pro I think, but the 7600GT absolutely kills that, so I don't see any point to deviate from nvidia at the moment. Its list Intel and AMD, for a fraction more you can get a better performing processor that consumes less power. The AMD flagship at the moment consumes so much power and the performance is just average. Same with the X1650 pro, and the 7600GT, the 7600GT runs happily with no external 12v power while the X1650pro requires one.

i have the 7600gt oc and its amazing even though its only a mid range card in runs all the games I have fine, especially Battelfield 2 which I run on max.

elitehacker

7600GT is a card that I will get if I was short on cash, I tend to stick with nvidia because their cards have a better overclocking headroom.

curtains

the 7600gt is a very good card for it's price. I don't think there's anything that beats it for price and performance.

elitehacker

Yeah Nvidia had certain hit the sweet spot with the 6600GT at first and now the 7600GT, I hope that trend continues with the 8600.

lincsman

my friend had two 7600s for a while, they were pretty good. He up and bought an 8800GT, but that's much more expensive.

Calibretto

VIP Member
well I went with an ATI Radeon X800XL for $80 so that should keep me steady until I can get a real video card.