Some feedback :)

Punk

Staff member
I just don't see what the subject is, the sky? The house?

Technically, it is well done, maybe you need to cut off the left part (bush and the tree) but it's one of those pictures where I don't find any interest, if you see what I mean :).

gamblingman

VIP Member
I agree with Punk, I don't see what you intended the subject to be. It looks like a photo of a house, nothing special in this image. Try from a different angle, during sunrise/sunset, time-lapse... something to give it a feeling that I'm looking at something more than just a house in a realtor magazine.

I would try to get the sat dish and road out of the shot. Also with this house, the paint is nearly the same color as the clouds and the trees; it all kind of runs together. But you didn't want to hear about the content so....

The lighting looks fake. Its everywhere and its nowhere, I can only see two sets of shadows. Where's the light source? Also the windows above the garage look like I can see through the house because of a sky reflection, it looks odd.

Last edited:

Dystopia

I think he was taking a pic of the heart in the sky...

I kind of agree with the others though, there doesn't seem to be a subject. And even though I didn't notice it at first, the satellite dish takes a lot away from the picture.

Fatback

VIP Member
The lighting looks fake. Its everywhere and its nowhere, I can only see two sets of shadows. Where's the light source? Also the windows above the garage look like I can see through the house because of a sky reflection, it looks odd.

Thats because it's an HDR(High Dynamic Range) is a method used by photographers in which you take the photo at different exposures, and put them together. In doing so you get rid of the shadows, and dark spots. Most people over do it though, and make there photos look kind of cartoonist. When done right though it can really add to certain photos, but you hardly ever see them done right.

As for the editing, I personally think it is over done. It looks fake, kind of like CGI, or a painted picture. Now I'm not saying it isn't good, it's a fine photo. It's just not my type, and not what I like.