Some phone questions

Dystopia

Alright guys, I got some questions. Verizon wouldn't let me buy more than 5000 texts a month because I don't have an expensive plan, I went over, got a big bill, I'm trying to get out.

Objective is to get a smart phone and run it off of straight talk while still using PDAnet or similar software to tether my phone to my computer. I can only use AT&T or unlocked phones in my area on straight talk, already checked that. I want to use Android again.

First and foremost, if I buy an unlocked cell phone from say newegg, (or even buy an AT&T phone), will the 3G work? I'm asking because when I went on newegg, the ones I was looking at were saying that the 3G was only compatible with AT&T, and since I don't know much about the phone world I don't know if Straight Talk will support it.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Sony Xepria phones? I like the look of them but would like to know if they are even worth buying.

One more question about one of the phones I was looking at, the Xepria Tipo dual. Can someone explain the whole dual sim thing to e? Does that mean that hypothetically, I can run say, straight talk and at&t and the same time? Just curious.

I may end up not buying a smart phone at all and just buy internet service, but I'm trying cut corners where I can on the bills and would trade the slower internet for less bills in a heartbeat.

Thanks guys.

Geoff

VIP Member
I've done research into Straight Talk as well, and from what I gather if you get an unlocked GSM phone that supports HSPA+, you will get AT&T 3G and 4G on Straight Talk (not LTE though).