Some q's on my 1st PC build

driverdj2000

New Member
Hi all,
So ive decided to build my 1st pc,
i was hoping some of u could advise me on my selections

Is there much difference between the core i5 661 (3.33GHZ) 4mb cache
or
Core i7 920 (2.66 ghz) 8mb cache
here in ireland the i7 is only 40 euro more.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=491786 MOBO

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=355395 HDD
Would like a SSD for my system drive but the cost is ridiculous

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=332085
OR
http://www.amazon.co.uk/design-Gami...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1263071702&sr=8-3 CASE

http://www.memoryc.com/products/des...PRO_Power_Supply-UK_3_pin_version_/index.html POWER SUPPLY

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=502731 COOLER
i wont be overclocking so not sure if this cooler is necessary.noise is my main concern.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=491275 RAM
Will add more if needed

I havent a clue about video cards so i was hoping for some recommendations.
I dont do much gaming but do watch HD movies so HDMI essential

thanks in advance!!:good:
 
Last edited:
cheers:D
I prob will go for the i7 so
Unsure of which graphics card
thinking bout the ASUS GeForce GTS 250 1GB
as i said i dont really game,just watching blu ray etc.
 
i5 6XX don't worth the money...
Review - http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3704

i7 920 won't work on P55 mobo. It needs to be X58 mobo.
i7 860/ i5 750 will work on P55 mobo

And I would recommend you find a mobo support Sata 6GB/s and usb 3.0
http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=513219
http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=508058

For graphic card, I personally like ATI 5750 over GTS 250 due to its Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-MA bitstreaming over HDMI
If you purely want a HTPC, core i3 with H57 chipset motherboard would serve your purpose with much lower price
 
Last edited:
i5 6XX don't worth the money...
Review - http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3704

i7 920 won't work on P55 mobo. It needs to be X58 mobo.
i7 860/ i5 750 will work on P55 mobo

And I would recommend you find a mobo support Sata 6GB/s and usb 3.0
http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=513219
http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=508058

For graphic card, I personally like ATI 5750 over GTS 250 due to its Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-MA bitstreaming over HDMI
If you purely want a HTPC, core i3 with H57 chipset motherboard would serve your purpose with much lower price

cheers man.those mobo do look a lot better and they're a priced similar to the one i had in mind.
think ill get the core i7 860 as its 1156 socket.
between the 2 mobos you recommended which one would u get?
 
Back
Top