Someone hacked my friend's wifi.

Egon

The guy changed her password and is lagging up her connection. Is there anything she can do besides having me rehack it only to have him hack it again? She said that she has WEP. Suggestions anyone?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Reset the router. Hold down the reset button in the back and then go into the configuration and set a new password.

dznutz

as mentioned used wpa2 with random words/numbers not found in the dictionary. japanese or german works quite well

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
With the tools available nowadays all it takes is a script kiddie with a cheap laptop to break in a WEP-encrypted network, and there are lots of them... as said, use WPA2, that's something that your average "hacker" won't be bothered trying to hack.

Motoxrdude

I am sure you will be fine with WPA though. Most people who drive around hacking WIFIs are looking for the easiest thing to crack. It is unbeleivable how easy WEP is to hack. Most people though don't know how to hack WPA and even if they do, like i said, they are looking for the easiest WIFIs to hack so they will move onto the next network.