Someone help me please

BenitoG91

New Member
I bought a Hp 510 off eBay I thought it was there own Laptop but it was part of a schools or college, and it wants me to login, I can tell it was connected to a server.

I tried to insert an XP disk and wait for it to say "Click any button for setup" But it didn't! It just had f12 for setup and I click that and it came up with something complete different!

Can someone help please..
 
When you boot up the computer, enter the BIOS by pressing F2 or DEL (usually). From there you would change the boot order so that the CD-ROM/Optical Drive is checked before the hard drive. After that you should be able to reinstall the OS using the CD you have, but don't forget to reformat the hard drive first, which can be done via the XP CD.
 
Hi mate unfortunately I've never done this before. But when I hit "F2" heres what comes up..

It goes into BIOS when I click F2, and I have some tabs , Main, Advanced security others and Boot, I scroll along to "boot" It comes up with a little list "HDD"
CD/VDV
FDD
LAN

What do I do now?

Thanks.
 
Alright, so I tried that and entered two disks, D-BAN - Nuke the Hard Drive and a Windows XP disk... Neither came up!

What shouild I do now? ???
 
when you went into the bios are you sure you set the cd drive as the first boot device? I cant understand how it would not give you a boot from disk option if you had
 
Silly question maybe, but when you boot with CD drive selected. You have got the Windows CD in the CD drive waiting to be detected I assume.
 
Back
Top