Someone please help. Low connection signal

Jeepers79

Hopefully someone can help. Here are the stats.

Toshiba Satellite A135 S4427
Windows Vista
Linksys G Router

I can be sitting in the SAME room as the router and I will never get over 2 bars of service. I have to think its something set up on my computer b/c its the same with mutliple routers at different homes.

ANY suggestions??? Its always stuck on 3 bars, and my internet seems SO SLOW!

THANKS!
Mike

AdmnPower

VIP Member
well your internet connection will always be slower than your wireless network connection unless you have fiber or something of that nature. So like for example if you have a 1.5 megabit web connection being broad cast over a wireless network that is only connected at 18 megabits your network is running a lot faster than your internet connection. Check your antinnas and see if it is connected securely as not having an antinna would cause a major signal drop. In addition are there any other wireless networks in your local area. If they are operating on the same or within 1 or 2 channels of that network you can have major signal interferance.

andy faith

Yeh I would suggest checking the aerials. Do you have anything else you can check the wireless with? If you do, try that and see what you get. If its low on both things then check the aerials on the router, if it's low on just the laptop then you'll probably have to open up your laptop and check to see if the antenna are attached properly