Something wrong and i think its the motherboard....

M.B.

okay everycord is connected to its respctfull spot..but when i turn on the computer the all the fans start, light from ram and led fans come on, and the lights from the motherboard.

but nothing seems to work thats plugged into the motherboard...

my wireless keyboard and mouse reciever doesnt have th usuall light saying it sees the keyboard and mouse. And the biggest problem is that it doesnt even register a monitor.

iv tried many different monitors and taken the video card out (8800GTX) and replaced it, but it still doesnt even show up on monitor....i dont even know if it boots up or not...

please can someone help me out? if you needay info about my pc just ask ill post it all but right now i don tknow if that matters or not..

thank you in advance for any help you gave me
=D

ps: i really need my cod 4 :(

2048Megabytes

Does the computer boot at all? Is the hard drive connected to the motherboard and the power supply cord plugged in to the hard drive?

M.B.

Does the computer boot at all? Is the hard drive connected to the motherboard and the power supply cord plugged in to the hard drive?

yes everything is plugged in and i triple checked it..

the thing is i dont know if it does boot or not..al the fans and lights come on and the video card starts up but it still doesnt register the monior or anything i plus into it....aka mouse, keyboard, i-pod, and speakers..

2048Megabytes

What is the specifications of the following equipment you are using in the system:

Motherboard
Processor
Random Access Memory
Video Card
Hard Drive
Power Supply
Optical Drive

meanman

is the mobo mounted properly, if it is not on the standoffs it could be shorting the mobo.
are there any loose screws that have got under the mobo, is the mobo touching the case?

zer0_c00l

did you tweak any bios settings lately ? that could cause it ...you can try resetting the CMOS jumpers and pulling the battery out of your motherboard ...have you changed memory? sorry bout all the questons just trying to help ya out

Last edited:

lovely?

yeah simply try pulling the cmos battery out for about ten minutes (how long i usually do it for) but if you take it out and then put it back in quickly that wont do anything, it has to be out for awhile

royalmarine

i have the exact same problem.
originally thought it was my graphics card.

so i tried 4 of them. same problem.
also noticed there are no lights on the mouse and keyboard.

i think it might be the motherboard itself.
i tried every combination of resetting it.
also re-seated the northbridge, southbridge and cpu cooler's.
no luck.

tried all different ram types. in all different slots.
still nothing.

im stumped and about to send it back to evga.

M.B.

What is the specifications of the following equipment you are using in the system:

Motherboard
Processor
Random Access Memory
Video Card
Hard Drive
Power Supply
Optical Drive

okay here it is

Motherboard: MSI platinum k9
Proccessor: AMD athlon 5000+
Ram: Crucial Balistix ram 4x512mb
Video card: XFX 8800GTX
Harddrive: 300GB
Power supply: Nspire 450W power supply

M.B.

is the mobo mounted properly, if it is not on the standoffs it could be shorting the mobo.
are there any loose screws that have got under the mobo, is the mobo touching the case?

im sorry i dont know what a "mobo" is....and if your referring to the motherboard...no its all connected and no screws under it at all..

M.B.

did you tweak any bios settings lately ? that could cause it ...you can try resetting the CMOS jumpers and pulling the battery out of your motherboard ...have you changed memory? sorry bout all the questons just trying to help ya out

okay...

i did tweak any settings...

i dont kno waht teh jumpers are and ill try the battery...

and i pulled out all ram sticks and put in only 1 of them and nothing..

and np about the questions....i need all the help i can get lol

WhiteFireDragon

i have the same exact problem, except im using a crappy ECS mobo. i'm guessing it's either really is your mobo or something is not compatible and conflicts when connected.

the CMOS jumper is the 3 little pins somewhere on your mobo. there should be a plastic thingy that connects two of the pins together. pulling that plastic thing out resets it

Last edited:

M.B.

i have the same exact problem, except im using a crappy ECS mobo. i'm guessing it's either really is your mobo or something is not compatible and conflicts when connected.

the CMOS jumper is the 3 little pins somewhere on your mobo. there should be a plastic thingy that connects two of the pins together. pulling that plastic thing out resets it

hmm im not at home and i dont remember anything like that...does it connect to the power supply? or maybe soming else otherthen that?

and hope its aproblem i can fix without haveing replace the motherboard....and if it is will MSI replace it?

im really missin my cod4 :(

WhiteFireDragon

hmm im not at home and i dont remember anything like that...does it connect to the power supply? or maybe soming else otherthen that?
its not connected to the PSU. it should be just 3 little pins and the base is red. they are the only red pin base on your mobo

M.B.

its not connected to the PSU. it should be just 3 little pins and the base is red. they are the only red pin base on your mobo

i looked all over and i didnt find it... im not saying your wrong its just i dont know what im looking for exactally..

could you show me where its located at anywhere on my motherboard ill find it faster

M.B.

can someone answer this question...?

I was told that it may be my video card...but why doesnt the usb, lan, and other ports attached to the motherboard work?