WIndows 10 Something wrong with my screen

greatogy

Hello guys. So this morning I wanted to do something on my PC, so I started it and I think I was editing my discord server for about 20 minutes,and then suddenly this happend: https://imgur.com/gallery/CCBAbZw

I can still do most of the things but it is not nice to see this split on my screen.. I didn't touch any of settings or something like that.

Can you help me with this and tell me what is wrong with it ?

greatogy

Did you check to make sure that the hdmi cable, or whatever video cable your using isn't shot? I might try another monitor with the same cable to see if it does it on that screen too
The same goes with both HDMI and VGA..and what I've discovered is that my PC is working perfectly without ANY drivers for GPU, but when I try to install drivers for the Radeon HD 6950 Sapphire 2GB, my monitor goes crazy with horizontal lines or even spliting. Maybe it is up to my GPU, but I am not sure..

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like your card went out. Can you try the card in a different pc first though? Like a friends? Have you tried uninstall the driver software, reboot, and then reinstall drivers?

greatogy

Sounds like your card went out. Can you try the card in a different pc first though? Like a friends? Have you tried uninstall the driver software, reboot, and then reinstall drivers?
Believe me..I trioed every single thing that exists, and I can surely say that my gpu went out,but it still works, somehow.. Thank you for replying but I think I need to buy a new gpu