Sony VAIO VGN-FZ21Z startup issue

Hi guys, I need help!! My VGN-FZ21Z shutdown due to a thermal event (guessing) and now when I press the power button nothing happens!! (Power LED not activating, fan doesn't startup, nothing shows up on screen...) Also the laptop has a GPU problem so it's deactivated, and has a Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo.. Also it doesnt have a battery because it broke... Please respond soon and tell me the problem (I really don't think and don't want it to be a broken mobo, because the fan would spin up...) Please respond soon!!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you need a new laptop to be honest. Usually won't turn back on until cpu cools down or its possible its totally fried now.

Thermal event could be anywhere from cpu or gpu overheating. And what do you mean by gpu being deactivated?

Thanks for the respond. What I mean by GPU is deactivated, is that it had a known to be defective GPU (can't remember model); and just failed. It is not related with this issue. I also believe that it was the CPU overheating, because the GPU isn't working :p
Also, I just tried to power it on today and just the power LED and the fan came up for couple of seconds, and then it shut off.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Technically in order to see video on the screen, you would need a gpu. So if your laptop has an integrated video and a dedicated card then one of them is working. If you only have the dedicated card then you are out of luck.